Amplify Publishing Group is often looking to expand our team with qualified publishing professionals. We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Business Development Associate
We are looking for someone curious and motivated to join our Acquisitions Team. You will grow the pipeline for Amplify Publishing Group (APG) by engaging with Authors to move them forward in the publishing process. This is a meaningful position focused on bringing to light excellent work.
You’ll be successful as a Business Development Associate because you thrive in a team environment and are excited to develop your sales career and learn skills that transcend industries. You are flexible and enjoy a changing environment, as this is an emerging team at APG. You will be joining a team that supports career development and provides you with the tools, resources, and leadership to be successful. You’ll be scrappy and want to prove yourself, and when you do, there will be plenty of room of upward advancement.
- Actively engage new leads by phone, email, and various professional social channels to support Authors as they navigate the publishing process.
- You will educate newcomers to the world of Publishing and the benefits of Hybrid Publishing.
- You will Pre-qualify opportunities via inbound by assessing mutual interest and purchasing power.
- Perform sales presentations/demonstrations to match solutions with identified leads.
- Develop and run pipeline activity and supervise sales activity against assigned quotas.
- Achieve quarterly quotas of meetings and net new opportunities.
- Integrate Publishing industry knowledge related to general trends in daily Business Development activities.
- Effectively use Salesforce.com and other sales tools to engage prospective buyers into value-driven conversations.
- Be able to speak to the APG value proposition.
- Passion for Sales & Business Development
- Ability to uncover information on customer/prospect calls
- Entrepreneurial problem solver, with good judgment skills
- Excellent presentation skills, business writing skills, and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com is not required to apply, but you will be required to master it in the first 90 days
- Commitment to continuously achieve quota targets
- Bonus Points if you have: Prior BDR/SRS experience
- Bonus Points if you have: Consultative, solution experience
- Bonus Points if you have: Publishing Industry experience
We’re looking for someone bold and passionate to be a part of our company. We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement. What’s most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes. We believe in empowering all APG employees to achieve professional and business success.
Estimated OTE (Salary + Commissions) : $75,000 – $100,000
Publicity & Marketing Manager
We’re seeking a publicity and marketing manager who is comfortable taking on new challenges and has a passion for books and authors.
- Work collaboratively with authors to develop and execute book marketing plans for titles across all genres
- Draft pitches, wire-ready press releases, and electronic press kits for media outreach
- Complete outreach on behalf of authors in support of the release of their books
- Interface directly with authors and provide regular updates on marketing engagements
- Write select website, social media, and blog copy for author platforms, upcoming releases, and the Mascot Books channels
- Strategize with full internal marketing team and other departments on corporate marketing initiatives and pitches
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, English, or related field required
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- 2-5 years of client management/relations experience preferred
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, and a creative problem solver
- Candidate should be able to prioritize competing tasks, meet deadlines, effectively multitask, and handle high priority projects as they arise
- Familiarity with and activity on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, Microsoft Office Suite, and online cloud tools (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
APG is always looking to expand our talented stable of freelancers. We are currently accepting resumes and portfolios for:
- Freelance editors. Read more about our editorial levels here.
- Freelance writers. Read more about our writing opportunities here.
- Freelance illustrators. See examples of our illustrator styles here.
To apply, please email your resume and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APG offers internships to candidates actively pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree. We are currently looking for interns in the following departments:
- Production (Editorial)
- Production (Graphic Design)
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter email@example.com.