Extracting the Leader from Within: An Experiential Leadership Model of Influencing Optimal Performance
The era of management by autocracy is dead – beyond dead. The manifestation of the emotionally intelligent leader is in demand. Emotional intelligence is a skill that is changing the work environment and replacing other forms of power. Coercive and legitimate power will only garner simple compliance, but leading in a more vulnerable space of personal power will yield commitment.
- The reader will learn how to grab influence early to establish their presence and relevance.
- The reader will recognize the concepts of emotional intelligence and their commitment to their authentic self.
- While recognizing the challenges in the real-life stories of Extracting the Leader from Within, the reader will reflect on their behavior toward these confrontations – it is imperative.
- The wide variety of vignettes will motivate and inspire the reader to become more open and vulnerable by leading above the safe space of authority.
- The reader will be able to identify the author’s eight minimum essential requirements for leadership and determine their own.
- The reader will understand the distinction between leader development and mastery.